Without a doubt, B. Dez is one of the most popular design courses among new graduate students. Of course, it takes 3 to 4 years, depending on the field you choose. The program is divided into eight semesters, but few institutions offer a five-year program with the B. Des, and the semester system is used for a long time.
All candidates will be updated on the latest trends in design, creativity and other areas. The knowledge is mainly transferred in theoretical courses, but additional seminars have to be attended. Practical skills are also an important part of this course. Most people who opt for this course choose a career in fashion design as it is one of the major career fields in India.
This is the most suitable degree if you want to work as a blogger, designer, game designer or in any field of your choice. The scope and career opportunities will enable you to make the most of this course. The only drawback you may find is the increased competition and lack of public amenities for B. des.
Benefits of implementing B. Des
After completing the B. Des, you can choose different types of services to get the job done. Such as fashion houses, jewelry factories, clothing factories, do-it-yourself factories and many others. As an entrepreneur, you can also open your vault and show off your design skills. The collaboration with international brands seems noble and serious. You will have several options in this area. Moreover, an education that meets your expectations will also earn you high salaries worldwide.
To participate in this course you must meet the following criteria….
- To get a B.Des, you need to pass 10+2 in any direction or equivalent examination from a recognized institute or board.
- Moreover, in some institutes and colleges, there are mandatory provisions for passing 45% of the 12th grade. Once this requirement is met, you can easily register for this course.
- Most colleges and institutes have entrance exams. So get ready for that too.
- Applicants must be under the required age for a Bachelor of Design degree at the time of admission. In most institutions, they must be 19 or 20 years old.
These are the basic requirements for a Bachelor of Design degree.
In the initial phase, candidates take the entrance exam. In leading colleges and institutes, the entrance test is organized individually. Listed here are some popular entrance exams for the Bachelor of Design -.
- NIFT – National Institute of Fashion Technology, is mandatory for admission.
Besides NIFT, there are other entrance exams…
- NID – National Institute for Development of Expertise Date
- AIEED- All India Entrance Examination in Design
- The UCEED is the common entrance exam for the Bachelor of Design.
- IDAT-IIAD design suitability test
- MITID THAT
The above entrance exams are held across the country. The candidates obtained the maximum number of points. The selected candidates will be pre-selected for the next rounds to secure a place. In a nutshell: Candidates should be prepared for group discussions and personal interviews, as well as representation. Although some institutes recognize the results of the entrance exams for admission. And if you can, apply for a scholarship.
Curriculum for the Bachelor of Design degree
A semester is described according to the above program. If you want to pass unlock, you must unlock all 8 semesters. These are some of the topics discussed….
For semester 1:
Design and human evolution, Fundamentals of art and design, Applied science for designers, Photography and videography – CAD, Design studio – Problem identification, Representation and Transformation in relation to Art.
For both. Semester:
Knowledge organization and communication, Principles of art and design, World of images and objects, Design studio2 – Problem analysis, Principles of printmaking and graphic research, Self-directed projects, Knowledge organization and communication. Display and conversion of images.
For all three of them. Semester:
Design Studio3-Creative Studies, Word and Image Studies-2D Visual Studies1, Processes and Methods of Creative Thinking, Design, Society, Culture and Environment, Environmental Studies – Science and Technology, Aesthetics, Identity, Expression – Research, Practice of 3D Shapes.
For the fourth semester:
Electro-2D2 visual research or 3D shape research, summer project, communication theories, semiotics of visual perception, design studio4 – prototyping, design narrative and storytelling.
For the fifth semester:
Collaborative design project, electives1 and 2, graphic design and information visualization, product design1, design for mobility, 3D vehicle modeling and prototyping, applied ergonomics, moving image design, technological innovation and design.
For the sixth semester:
Industry projects, electives1 and 2 – animation design, communication design, interaction and transportation design, video film design, product design2, game design, product ergonomics, system design project, materials and processes and digital media technology, design management, planning and professional practice.
For the seventh. Semester:
Design research workshop, redesign project, global reflections and discourses on design.
Set up of research seminars, practical projects and B.Des. projects.
- For the theoretical subjects there was a written exam.
- There are two written exams and a final exam each semester.
- Formative and summative evaluation is mandatory for practitioners.
- For practical subjects, oral and practical tests, internal and external examinations count.
List of top academies in India
Be selective when choosing a university. Below are several lists of colleges –
- Garware Institute for Career Education and Development, Mumbai is the most reputed and developed institute in India, recognized by Ministry of Finance and NAAC.
- Symbiosis Institute of Design, Pune – This institute offers various design courses. These include communication design, industrial design and fashion design.
- Pearl Academy of Fashion Management, Jaipur-Pearl offers 30 professional development courses designed for UG and PG levels.
- The Architectural Academy of Design, Jaipur, is India’s premier institution of higher learning and is best known for interior design, product design, graphic design and jewelry design.
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar – This university has 20 world famous fashion design schools.
- World Institute of Fashion Technology, Kolkata – In the field of fashion and interior design, it is one of the leading institutes in India.
- Interstate Institute of Fashion Design – INIFD Delhi – this institute offers you a world-class curriculum and provides you with a world-class faculty.
- Hyderabad Institute of Fashion and Interior Design in Hamstead – For beginners or students, this is the best creative learning institution where you can learn new skills and improve your knowledge.
At the time of application, applicants must pay the average annual fee for a Bachelor of Design degree. In India, approximate fees range from MPR 2,00,000 to MPR 3,00,000 per annum.
The institutes/universities listed below are calculated annually on the basis of their degree of popularity -.
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi – 2,70,900 per annum.
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Chennai 2,70,900 per annum
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Bengaluru – 2,58,400 per annum
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Patna – 2,70,900 per annum
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Gandhinagar-2 70,000 per annum
- Symbiosis Design Institute-4,20,000 per year
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Kolkata – 2,70,000 per annum
- Amity School of Fashion Technology – $1,58,000 per year
The institutes/colleges charged fees of about 1, 50,000-3 and 50,000 for designing clothes. The renowned NIFT institute charges between INR 2 and 3 million per year for this training.
Also read : Best fashion design schools for courses in India
How to pass the entrance test
In fact, the level test is designed to test your communication skills and personality. Professions that allow people to be creative and innovative. The basic question on general knowledge, skills and logical reasoning is the first choice of the authorities. It’s how you deal with it that counts. Therefore, before you take the entrance exam, you should remember these results….
- Candidates need to improve their general knowledge. So make it a habit to read the newspaper and current events.
- Candidates need to work on their design skills.
- Candidates must also attempt to solve practical tests.
- Whenever possible, students take notes in conjunction with their studies.
- Candidates should improve their English and focus on their communication skills.
- Candidates must practice with sample documents over a period of time to pass the certification.
- Applicants must also demonstrate credibility.
- Apart from these points, the candidate should also take a course in personal development to present himself better.
Field of activity Bachelor of design
- Leather version
- Fashion Design
- Accessory design
- Creation of jewellery
- Ceramics and glass
- Textile design
- Design and manufacture of footwear
- Lifestyle and accessory design
- Industrial design
- Visual communication
- Design of cartoons
- Product design
- Fashionable communication
- Knitwear design
- Furniture and interior design
- Cinema and video communication
- Design of the exhibition
The specialization listed below offers both the UG and postgraduate level. You can check the specialization of institutes and colleges for more information.
Also read : Bachelor of Fashion and Fashion Design (BFAD) Course Details
Here are a few of the best jobs you might consider….
Design managers, graphic designers, teachers and lecturers, interior designers, editorial assistants, fashion merchandisers, fashion designers, costume designers, fashion stylists, fashion marketing, foreign trade representatives, textile designers, fashion forecasters, stylists, bloggers, web consultants, fashion show coordinators and many more.
Also read : Master of Fashion Management (MFM) Program : Details
There are many opportunities for graduate candidates. You can choose between the private and public sector. Infection, maximum employment is also available abroad. The course provides a solid foundation for the specialization. This will help you develop your presentation and artistic skills. You can run your own fashion business or become an influencer. After completion of the course, students can easily become part of the learning line of various reputed colleges and institutes.
The best companies and brands…
- Hindustan Unilever
- The automotive sector, such as Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd.
- GAD mode
- Microsoft India Pvt. Ltd.
- Free India
- P. Morgan
- Nalli Silk International
- Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.
- General Motors Construction
- Tata Consulting Services
- GLAXO Consumer Healthcare ltd.
- Moonraker Innovation Labs Pvt. Ltd.
Working for one of the above companies offers you job security, an excellent salary and the best development opportunities. These are the main names you can definitely count on.
There is no doubt that reputed companies and brands have offered attractive salary packages to qualified candidates.
If you specialise in fashion and design, you can earn around two to three million euros a year. After the experience, you will get a higher position and can earn around 6-7 lakh per year. Each specialty offers different salary conditions. In this field, you can earn more than you think.
The training offers you worldwide prestige and professionalism. This will boost your morale and give you a good job profile. The Bachelor of Design is ranked in the top 20 undergraduate programs in the world. In today’s business world : If you necessarily want to do something, you should know in advance. And the scholarship of this course means an increase in self-confidence. With this degree, you can enter the creative world and become a motivated and creative person.
After all the aspects you have read, it is easy to say that the Bachelor of Design is a popular and excellent degree program. Thousands of students enroll in B. Des, and you can find a number of MNCs that offer excellent salary packages. There are several jobs available after completing this course, and this is the main reason why you should consider it. These four years are sure to be excellent and are a great option for art graduates.
frequently asked questions
What is the scope of design B?
The BDes degree has evolved over the years and is now offered in various design specializations such as graphic design, multimedia design, VFX design, visual communication, and game design. This extends the scope of B.
What kind of job can I get with a Bachelor of Design degree?
Bachelor of Design (BDes) salaries in Australia | PayScale
Is B Des a vocational training course?
It is a four-year vocational course that offers many specializations such as product design, fashion design, industrial design, textile design, fashion communication, etc. It is the study of creating original designs for clothing, shoes, jewelry, luggage, industrial products, fashion, etc.