Teach your students how to use Remind101 in their classrooms. The easy-to-use, student-friendly online messaging tool allows teachers to send messages to large numbers of students, even if they are on different devices or in different rooms.
With over 250 million users and over one billion reminders, Remind101 is one of the most popular school communication tools around. With this product, school districts move beyond text messaging and into a fresh email-based framework and a robust system for creating, distributing, and tracking reminders. Remind101 uses a simple interface to allow teachers to create, send, and manage schedule, homework, and other school-related emails.
Remind101 is a great online tool that allows teachers to securely send text messages to students and stay in touch with parents. You can send your Remind101 messages from your computer or phone. Remind101 apps are now available for iPad, iPhone and Android. One of the best things about this unit is the unison function. Neither students nor teachers could see each other’s phone numbers.
To use Remind 101, you need to follow three simple steps: Create a class, share the code and send messages.
How it works:
Each class you create is given a unique code that allows students and parents to sign up for your notifications. To register, they need to send an SMS to Remind101 with their unique code
. The great thing about Remind101 is that it works on any phone and it doesn’t have to be a smartphone. Once they do, they will be subscribed to your class and will receive a message every time you send one. Remind101 has a section where you can review your messages to see when they were sent and to whom they were sent.
Some of the features that Remind101 offers teachers are:
- You can schedule messages to be sent at a later time.
- Remind101 is safe because students are identified by name, not number. This means that no teacher can know a student’s mobile number and students cannot see teachers’ numbers.
- Remind101 allows teachers to download all or part of the message history. This can be done using the message history export function.
- Remind101 recently has a new multi-sending feature that allows you to send text messages to subgroups of students and parents. Before this update, teachers could only send messages to the whole class.
- Use Remind101 Attach to send photos, assignments and presentations to your students.
Subscription instructions for your students and parents are now available in English, Spanish, and French! Find them here.
Here are some video tutorials to help you learn more about Remind101 and use some of its features:
1- What is Remind101
2- How to send messages to individual callers
3- Remind101 Attached: Submission of photographs, work and presentations
4- Watch Clintondale High School use Remind101
Frequently Asked Questions
How do teachers sign up for remind?
Teachers can sign up for remind by visiting the website and clicking on the “Sign Up” button.
How do you use remind101?
Remind101 is a free service that allows you to create and manage your own personal reminders.
Can teachers see your remind messages?
No, they cannot.