Do you like to decorate your home? Do you want to give your house a new look? There is a solution to your problem. An outline course can provide comprehensive information on the topic. Interior design concepts are unique in that they can bring new tastes and looks to your home. Your dream home can be different and peaceful. A career in interior design is always the right choice for those who want to make their home attractive and unique.
The taste of an interior designer is different from that of an ordinary person. They really know how to beautify your space. If you are passionate about this craft, you can start preparing as soon as you meet the 12 standards. The demand for an interior designer will never go away, as there will always be people who want their rooms to look beautiful. In the last decade, the demand for interior designers in India has increased significantly. Interior design is the art or work of decorating the space in your home. These outdoor spaces can significantly enhance and add to the beauty and charm of a space. There is a close relationship between the interior designer and the architect as they work together during the project.
Interior design qualification:
Becoming an accomplished interior designer requires special training. Here are a few of them.
- If you have completed a 10+2 course with science education from a reputed board, you can easily apply for this course.
- If you have a degree in science, computer science or engineering, you can also take this course.
- You must have completed at least 10+2 in any direction.
- To become a reputable interior designer, you need a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
Skills required to become an interior designer:
Apart from all this, you need to have certain skills to become an interior designer.
- As an interior designer, you have to be creative. This will help to give the house a new look.
- You need to develop your portfolio. It can be very helpful in this area.
- It would be helpful if you were aware of local regulations and laws. This is essential for the smooth running of operations.
- It always helps if you have a good eye for color. Instead, you should always have the best color scheme.
- You should always be prepared to multitask.
- Always try to understand the tastes and requirements of your customers. Once you understand this, you can do the work at your leisure.
- Try to have a positive attitude. It can help you in your profession.
- Be a good listener and an excellent speaker. Your words should attract customers. Try to develop soft words.
- Always meet customers with a happy smile on your face. This is one of the most important criteria for an interior designer.
Also read : Architecture and interior design : What’s the difference?
What is the profession of an interior designer?
Before entering this profession, it is important to be familiar with the work of an interior designer. Here are a few of them.
- As an interior designer, you should focus more on developing new clients and businesses.
- You will prepare summaries, sketches, plans and estimates as required by the project.
- You need to make a project plan.
- You must assess and evaluate the needs of the client.
- You should meet with the client regularly and keep them updated on the latest developments of the project.
- You need to make drawings and sketches with the new software.
Various types and categories of interior fittings
You should know that there are different categories of furniture concepts in the market. Before you enter the profession, you should have a clear idea of the many styles. The interior architecture sector is evolving slowly. You need to be aware of the latest developments and updates. Some of the newest and most contemporary interior design styles include Arabic, shabby chic, traditional American, art deco, southwestern, Japanese, medieval, industrial, shaker, Chinese, Spanish, Moroccan, vintage, Zen, gothic, French and more. It depends on which customers they prefer.
Interior design Compulsory education
To become an interior designer, you need to follow a full curriculum. Many colleges and universities offer an introductory course in interior design. This is a BSc in Interior Design and Decoration. The course allows you to follow the theoretical and practical part of the study. You will learn to make sketches, create 3D models with CAD programs.
You will be given basic information on furniture theory. Students also learn how to make the best use of space. Then you need to attend workshops to get a full understanding of interior design.
Basic courses in interior design
If you want to make a career as an interior designer or become an interior designer, you should take a course on the subject. Here are some terms related to interior design.
- The BSc in Interior Design and Decoration is a three-year programme.
- Diploma in interior design – one year course.
- The Bachelor of Interior Design is a three-year program.
- The Postgraduate Diploma in Interior Design is a two-year course.
- The Postgraduate Diploma in Interior and Space Design is a two-year course.
These courses will allow you to gain a full understanding of the subject. If you want a better future in the field of interior design, you can always opt for a graduate program. Those are always better and give you detailed information about the topic. You can specialize as an interior designer in the corporate, residential, industrial, healthcare, hotel, leisure, institutional and many other sectors.
Steps to become a famous interior decorator in India
In this section, you should know that an interior designer can work in both residential and commercial sectors. In the Indian context, it is in high demand. If you have taken an interior design course, you can become a good professional in this field. How do you become a successful interior designer? Here are some of the steps you need to take.
- The first step is to master the basics of interior design. You have to be creative, but you also have to be organized and disciplined. These are the basic features you should consider. As an interior designer you have to meet a lot of people and clients. This is a complex area that requires optimal budget design, management and professional certification. You must have love and respect for the subject.
- You should be familiar with formal concepts, methods and theories. By legal terms we mean the various concepts related to the development of a space. Design patterns, on the other hand, are streamlined frameworks that must be properly implemented in the design. The concept of design theory allows you to understand why a particular design works well and why it does not.
- You need to build a strong portfolio in this area. This is one of the most important steps in the world of interior design. To do this, you can take actual photos of your recent projects, including sample sketches, CAD drawings, etc. This will help you build a strong brand and portfolio at the same time. Always try to put together an impressive portfolio. This will benefit the profession in the long run. They can go fast and never look back.
- Stay in constant touch with your work. This is only possible if you keep up to date with the latest developments and inventions. It would be useful to review the journals or articles published on this topic. You can also proceed to visit various sites that deal with these topics. Look at your previous work and try to learn from it. You can also take a look at other interior designers who are redoing the same work. This will help you expand your knowledge to a great extent.
Perspectives for interior designers:
The future or prospect of an interior designer in India is excellent. Once you graduate, you can get a good job in any business field. Many interior design companies are always looking for a skilled designer. However, if you want to be self-employed, you can start your own business. This gives you extensive options and a high level of attention. Besides working independently, you can also earn money. An interior designer’s salary can start from four lakhs a year to 50 lakhs a year. The sky is the limit for these professionals.
Working as an interior designer is beneficial because you can be responsible for improving the beauty or appearance of a room. If you want to choose another profession, you can choose this one. Every home should be able to contribute creatively. You’ll be proud. With the help of an interior designer, you can add a beautiful touch to your space.
frequently asked questions
What qualifications are required to become an interior designer?
To become a professional interior designer, you must have completed an appropriate training course, degree or HND. Employers in the sector prefer qualifications in relevant subjects, such as architecture, fine art, furniture design, interior/space design, interior architecture, textile design and 3D design.
Is interior design a good career in India?
The interior design market in India is ready to welcome promising new talent. With the growing importance of interior design, this profession has become one of the best in India. The professional opportunities for a qualified interior designer are vast, both in the private and public sectors.
How much do interior designers cost in India?
Interior designers in India charge INR 40 to 400 per square foot, depending on the area and type of room. For a 2BHK or 1,000 square foot apartment, interior designers can charge between 4 lakhs and 6 lakhs depending on the size of the project and the type of work.