Most schools and institutes prefer a teacher with a relevant degree. As India is evolving and most of the coaching institutes prefer well-trained educators, it becomes difficult to find such jobs. If you have a B.com degree or in the other subjects mentioned above, it is easy to become a teacher in this field. But if you want to work in child rearing, an NTT degree would be helpful.
The nursery teacher training course, also called NTT, is a one-year diploma course. The admission requirements for this program are very low, as any student can pursue this degree. The aim of this course is to teach in kindergartens and nurseries. When you enroll in this course, you will learn how to teach children, communication skills, appropriate teaching methods, and how to teach subjects at the kindergarten level.
Skills such as dealing with students, teaching correctly, communication techniques and many others will be demonstrated in this course. Since the admission criteria for this course are less stringent, most people can enter this field. The competition is not very high and it is easier to make an excellent choice if you are a graduate of the National School of Technology (NTT).
If you are wondering what the program, career path, scope and cost of this course would be, this guide covers it all. Below are all the basic details to keep in mind and learn correctly.
Right to in-service training for nursery school teachers
Once you have decided to take the NTT course and receive the diploma, you must meet the minimum requirements. Leading institutions offering NTTs require the following studies for eligibility.
- The candidate must have 50% or more units in 10+2. In case you get an A. Once the class is over, there are other skills and very few institutions to enroll in for this degree.
- There is a 5% facilitation quota for SC/ST students, but they too must have 10+2 with at least 45% aggregate.
- Public institutions require a high school diploma and entrance exams. These institutes focus on 10+2 scores and provide a cut-off score.
- SC/ST students also participate in the entrance exam and get a limited number of but reserved seats. The number of reserved seats may vary from institute to institute.
- All selected candidates will be heard and will have the right to participate in the interview. This interview is about 10+2 research and general knowledge.
- Private institutes have less stringent admission criteria and anyone can easily enroll in these institutes with a minimum of 50% overall marks.
The above criteria are specific minimum selection criteria and vary from institution to institution. If you want to be selected, you need to prepare general knowledge and communication teams. Self-confidence is an important factor in entrance exams.
Duration and cost of courses
Training for nursery school teachers – one-year diploma course. An evaluation will take place at the end of the year. Private institutions, however, use a biennial system. In two semesters, spread over the year, your specific qualities in terms of general knowledge and the subjects studied are tested. There is no master’s degree to become a preschool teacher, and this degree alone is enough to make you an excellent candidate.
The cost of this course varies from institution to institution. If you choose a public institution, the annual fee varies between INR 5,000 and INR 15,000. And if you pass the entrance exams of a private institute, the tuition fees range from INR 10,000 to INR 40,000 per year. Payment for this course is also based on aggregate data. If you have merit in 10+2, that means a discount on the entry fee.
What skills do you use when teaching children in kindergarten?
The aim of preschool teacher training is to develop the basic communication skills of the candidates. Since this profession revolves around children, patience is an important skill to learn. Besides patience, there are other skills
- Energy and enthusiasm – Introducing yourself to your children every morning with positive energy and enthusiasm is very important to create a positive atmosphere. Because this skill seems familiar, it is difficult to acquire knowledge in a bookish style. So there will be a part of personality development that will help to use more energy.
- Friendly attitude – As we age, the way we communicate with people changes. When the same attitude is adopted towards the children, they feel less confident. In this course you will learn how to put things in front of the student. A friendly attitude helps to communicate with children and educate them better.
- Good communication skills – Lack of communication is the main reason why NTT is becoming mandatory for preschool teachers. You learn the right way to communicate, which is also part of personal development. Interaction is possible if you know the right style.
- Passion and love for teaching – Passion for the profession helps you to be energetic. If you don’t like your job, you will be bored and less focused at work. So knowing how to love your job and being a better person are two aspects that are covered in the degree.
- Eye for detail – Capturing the attitude of a look and finding details in small things is a great skill. You learn to have an eye for detail.
- The patience of toddlers is notoriously funny, but also exhausting to deal with. Once you start teaching, you will know the problems. In these difficult situations, patience is an important skill that plays an important role in staying calm.
It takes time to master these skills, but this diploma course will help candidates master these six important skills. You can get better through experience. There is no internship program in this course, but some private institutions choose to do a few days of internship in the school to give the candidates confidence.
Curriculum for nursery school teachers
The program is simple and involves the use of communication skills. In addition, some important points will help you get to know the device better. The subjects are…
- Child Psychology
- Methodology of education
- Childcare and health
- History and philosophy of the education of young children
- The basics of early childhood education
- Kindergarten organization, community, health and nutrition of children
- Practicing Viva – Voices
- Continuation of arts and crafts activities
These are the eight subjects you learn in kindergarten or at NTT. In this course, the topics may vary depending on the institution you choose. Various language subjects have been added by some states to maximize communication in certain regions.
What are the most popular fields of study in preschool teacher training institutions?
India is a developing country and has changed in recent years. Teachers must, in fact, hold an NTT diploma before they can practice this profession. There are a limited number of institutions in India, but some of the best known are
- Bhartiya Shiksha Parishad is the location in Lucknow and is one of the well-known names of NTT in Uttar Pradesh.
- The Bhavan Normal School for nursery teachers is located in Bhavan. Kochi, Kerala. It is a remarkable name that is preferred by most candidates across the country.
- Florence Academy of Fashion Design and Language is an institution of higher learning located in New Delhi. For modern learning and teaching methods, this institute has some of the best faculties.
- The All India Institute of Social and Physical Health Sciences is a reputed autonomous institution with self-governance. It is located in Alipur, Delhi.
- Delhi Institute of Early Childhood Education and Training is also an institute known for its NTT and other courses. This institute is based in New Delhi.
- Namakkal, Tamil Nadu, is the seat of the Kasturibha Gandhi College of Education.
- The Lal Bahadur Shastri Training Institute is one of the oldest NTT institutes in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Mahatma Gandhi College of Education, South Delhi campus, is located in New Delhi.
- Located in Kerala, Martoma Children’s Garden Teaching Institute is a good choice in the southern part of the country.
These are famous institutes that are very popular in India. All these institutes use their name for best placement and provide excellent offers to candidates. The degrees awarded by these institutions increase the chances of finding a better job.
The number of candidates for the NTT changes every year. With the Covid 19 pandemic, the scope has changed and the demand for teachers is increasing. Candidates with good results and NTT degree can opt for online teaching. They will teach online, and new applicants will be more likely to get paid more for the job. Volume improves with time, so you may want to consider this course.
Experience is an important factor that most schools and institutions consider before hiring new teachers. Most candidates with two years of experience and NTT degree are more likely to get the job. The salary that can be expected from a teacher with this degree is initially 1.5 to 2 lakhs. The fee varies depending on the type of work, but 1.5 lakh is the minimum you can expect from a reputed institution.
frequently asked questions
What is the registration fee for the NTT course?
Tuition fees for NTT’s one-year distance/correspondence and personal courses range from 5,000 to 25,000 euros per year.
What is the scope of the NTT?
Training for nursery teachers (NTT) : Everything you need to know.
What is the right to NTT?
Kindergarten Teacher Training (NTT) Course Details – …