Nursing is considered a noble profession. It is noble in the sense that you have the opportunity to nurture and care for a little person who brings a bundle of joy to the family. It is your responsibility to raise that little one. It is a job that everyone respects and enjoys. The need for nursing was felt from the first days. At that time, however, the work was not so hard. Over time, people associated with this profession get benefits and recognition.
Pediatric care is a form of care for the offspring and newborn. Pediatrics is a Greek word meaning “child” and iatrica means “doctor.” It is said that a person who wants to practice this profession must have a healthy heart and a strong will. He must have the patience and stamina to handle any situation. If you pursue this profession, you must have the courage to face loss. If there is a birth, you must go through death. This is a real fact.
Particulars of pediatric care
Those who wish to enter this profession must pass the 10+2 exam in subjects such as physics, chemistry, and biology. The course is interesting because it will teach you the exact handling of a newborn baby. You will be shown exactly how to get pregnant and feed your baby properly. The training period is challenging for someone who wants to become a nurse. You will learn how to hold the baby properly during delivery so that the baby can be bathed comfortably. You can get your nursing degree and then choose postpartum baby care.
The right to health care for children :
In this section, you will discover the admission criteria for this course.
- You must pass the 10+2 exam in subjects such as physics, chemistry, and biology. You must be medically fit to enroll in this course.
- If necessary, a certificate of nursing issued by a recognized body must be presented. This will be an added benefit to the candidate.
- Those wishing to study pediatric nursing must have earned a degree of at least 55% from an accredited university and board.
- However, if you have a postgraduate degree in nursing, you may enroll directly in a postgraduate nursing program.
Child Care Curriculum :
Pediatric nursing education is exciting. In addition to your education, you must be educated on a wide range of topics. During your pediatric nursing education, you should be familiar with topics such as anatomy, biochemistry, physiology, pharmacology, sociology, public health nursing, and other similar topics. All topics are engaging and provide ample guidance for future nurses.
On the other hand, the subjects in the postgraduate level are the following;
- The fundamentals of care
- Computer applications and statistical software packages.
- Theoretical applications of nursing.
- Ethical and legal bases of patient care.
- Clinical Pharmacology.
- Nursing management
- Training of nurses
- Nursing ethics.
- Nurses with advanced medical training
- Management and leadership
- Nursing research
These are some of the main topics that are part of the postgraduate level. In addition, students benefit from an internship where they learn almost everything. They also often send students on internships to many places. The students get a good understanding of the situation during this period.
Careers in Pediatric Nursing.
Students who choose nursing as a career have many options. Shortly after completing the course, they are hired in many areas of health care. Most jobs are available in the final year of the system. You can also start your career as a nurse in some hospitals or private health centers. You can also get work in institutions such as nurseries and children’s wards. If you want, you can start your career as a tutor nurse. This will help you gain more knowledge and experience in this field. You can also stay in close contact with the subject.
In many cases, you can accept a job as a nursing assistant and eventually become a nursing manager. This allows you to enter the profession once you have completed your education. You have several options.
Pediatric Nursing Course:
This is one of the most important things you can think of. However, the cost of the course may vary or differ from university to university. The estimated cost of a graduate course in pediatric nursing can range from INR 10,000 to INR 50,000. On the other hand, if you want to pursue a pediatric nursing course after graduation, the annual registration fee may vary from INR 20,000 to INR 1.5 lakhs. It is advisable that you inquire about the course and its duration before enrolling.
The process of enrolling in a pediatric nursing course :
You should know that a minimum score of 55% is required for admission to this course. In addition, many higher education institutions also organize various placement or admission tests to select candidates for this course. The admission test is administered by the university and you must pass. After you pass the test, a merit list is published, on which you must be placed.
If you find your name on the list, you can proceed with the admissions process. In many cases, universities will also interview the selected candidate.
Salary packages for Pediatrics training :
A nurse is a person who assists the doctor with treatment. Thus, the work of a nurse is very stimulating and exciting. At the end of the training, you can get a job in different positions with a decent salary. Let’s look at some of the positions of a nurse and their salary package.
- The pediatric nurse is responsible for supervising the infant immediately after birth. From time to time, you will need to examine the patient. If necessary, you will also need to monitor the child’s development. The salary for this position is estimated to be between 8 lakhs MPR and 10 lakhs MPR.
- As a nurse educator, you will be responsible for taking care of candidates who are admitted to the college. It is helpful to teach them the fundamentals of nursing as well. The average salary for this position is estimated between 4 lakhs and 6 lakhs.
- As a nurse, you can work in many hospitals and clinics. Here you have to constantly monitor the health of the infant and consider other issues. The average salary of a nurse can range from 3 lakh to 5 lakh.
Key skills needed to become a nurse practitioner:
Nursing is a prestigious profession. Through your work, you can earn a lot of respect and people’s best wishes. However, you must have certain skills that are required here.
- It is helpful to be able to make a better connection with a child in need and his or her parents.
- You must be polite, down-to-earth, and gentle.
- You must have exceptional communication and verbal skills. Knowledge of Hindi and English is a plus.
- You must be patient and persistent in your dealings with patients, especially children. You may encounter irritable children. It will help to give them special treatment.
- You should always be smiling. Your face should be bright.
Above all, you must be in good physical condition to care for patients. Your active movements must be supported.
The hospital is every nurse’s first home. It is where they have to spend most of their time. Becoming a nurse is a matter of great passion. It will help you if you have the diligence from the first days of your life. Infant care is considered the most important because you have to take care of the baby. You have to take care of the baby from birth until the mother is released.
The right nursing course will help you get the best nursing exposure. If you are studying natural sciences at the 10+2 level and have achieved 55% marks on your exam, you can try to enroll in this course. In this course, you will learn all about nursing. It also says that you should treat nursing with love and respect. You have to be both strong and gentle. It is helpful to try to hide your feelings during difficult times. Life as a nurse is full of challenges. If you want challenges, come to this profession.