George Washington University (GWU) may therefore be difficult to access. It is an elite university accredited by the United States Congress since 1821.
And now many students who dream of starting a political career are eager to join GSU. But the university admits only 11,504 students per year.
The GWU only accepts people who are curious, talented and courageous. Those who believe they can make a difference in the world and are ready to change the world in their first year. George Washington’s perfect essay shows that it is possible to analyze, plan, and execute realistic solutions in complex situations.
Students around the world know and love GWU for its campuses and programs. The best are government, international relations, public policy and journalism. There is also an honorary program that is different:
- Smaller classes. You will study in a group of up to 19 other students.
- You have access to the honor housing community.
- Off-campus events are available.
- Exclusive specialization courses.
To qualify for Honours and enjoy all these privileges, you must write an admissions essay.
George Washington’s Essay: What is it about?
To be admitted to GWU, you must write a neat and well-written essay in a style peculiar to George Washington. It usually contains between 250 and 500 words, depending on the call. This is the most important part of your application.
As of 2015, the essay has a greater impact on the final grade than any other test. Indeed, GWU wants independent, proactive students with leadership skills.
Your essay is a chance to prove to the admissions committee that you are the one who deserves a place at this prestigious university.
Base your work on your history, your unique life experience that shows your best qualities. It’s a chance to put yourself in a positive light.
You can choose from a number of themes, so you can pick a subject you like and are good at. You need to show that you are a mature and independent person, a positive thinker.
To qualify, you must write another essay on another topic.
We will cover these topics later in our brief overview.
GWUTips for writing an essay
To impress the admissions committee, you must combine excellent test scores with outstanding writing that shows you deserve a place at GWU.
…How can you write this essay and show your best qualities in only 250 words?
Here are a few tips:
- Be brave and clear. Don’t fall into the trap of abstract terms and vagueness.
- Turn your life experiences into a story. To hide the clue, pick an important story from your life and tell it like you would tell a friend.
- Show yourself in a positive light. Try to be an adult in the eyes of the admissions committee.
- Start small. In your essay, don’t try to rewrite world history or solve a global problem. Instead, show that you understand the importance of making small, realistic changes.
- Design your essay in a structured way. The main idea must be followed throughout the text.
Remember: You don’t have to be a world-famous hero to impress an admissions committee.
What really counts is your ability to convince people, make small changes, maintain lasting friendships or get through tough times with your head held high.
George Washington’s essay prompts and how to deal with them
GWU’s editorial advice focuses on your independent and creative thinking skills.
There are three types of clues in George Washington’s essay:
- Questions that apply to all students are called mandatory questions. Their main objective is to see in the mind of a future student strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Stamps for the honors program. This is done so that the admissions committee understands that a real student would like to be admitted to GWU Honors. It is very important to have a clear and compelling motivation for attending honorary events that goes beyond the prestige of the program.
- If you want to apply to the School of Media and Public Affairs, you need to know the best examples of news media styles. Interviewing yourself is an ideal way to showcase your expertise.
This way each index shows your skills and motivation from a different angle.
Better yet: Think about your strongest qualities and choose a lead that brings out those qualities well.
Use of George Washington University theses
Tests for acceptance to GWU generally resemble standard tests, approximately 250-500 words in length. In the first paragraph, describe a situation that happened to you or a historical moment that led you to choose this topic.
Don’t get caught up in defining the problems of history. It is best to briefly explain why it is important to you personally. In the rest of your essay, describe some of the actions you will take to make a difference.
If you are writing your essay for the School of Public Affairs, do not ask questions in your essay. They take up too much space.
Concentrate on the answers.
Here are some examples of essays from George Washington University to inspire you.
George Washington’s essay on leadership
Note 2 corresponds to the type of fixing of the guide. The aim is to assess your ability to think globally but practically, to find rational solutions to existing problems and to involve others in your activities.
In writing this essay, it would be great to tell a story about a situation where you engaged in meaningful dialogue with others that mattered. Of course, the best result would be that it would make a huge difference.
You can also build on longstanding friendships to write George Washington’s thesis on leadership. Talk about how you and your friend have changed as a result of this friendship and how you can maintain a healthy relationship.
Don’t panic, unless you’re in the middle of a political debate or something.
Remember, even an informal dialogue where you meet and discuss a completely opposing point of view counts.
Don’t make up a story about how you convinced this person to accept your point of view with a single dialogue.
Change takes time, and the GWU admissions office understands that. Let’s look at an example of a well-written essay.
A short essay by George Washington
It is not possible to submit a shorter test. However, if you don’t like to write a lot of words, you should write the two mandatory prompts with a maximum of 250 words.
If you wish to apply to the School of Media and Public Affairs, you must also submit an interview about yourself, written in the style of the world’s best media, such as The New York Times.
To make a good short George Washington essay, keep it concise and don’t go too deep into the details or history of the topics you are describing.
Be concise and bold, don’t make a hedge. Let’s look at some examples of well-written essays.
There’s a lot of work to do before you apply to an elite GWU company. But these efforts will soon be rewarded.
Studying at George Washington University makes you part of an exclusive circle of world leaders.
Here are our latest and best quick tips for you:
- Don’t lie in your essay, create unique pieces, steal or copy others.
- Talk about your life experiences or what is important to you personally.
- Don’t try to change the world or solve world problems in a 250-word essay.
- Hold on, hold on, hold on.
Forget the fear of failure! Our qualified professionals can write any essay for you, you just need to order it. Here. Press the button.
Share this story:
frequently asked questions
How do I write a GWU cover letter?
How to write an application for George Washington University….
Does George Washington University require an additional test?
In addition to the general application essay, candidates may complete an optional 250-word written supplement. GW’s additional demand is an opportunity to showcase your personality and relate your experience to GW’s institutional values.
How do I write a university application essay?
How to Write a Good University Essay | Top Universities